BAKED SWEET POTATOES


Hi guys and welcome back! I hope you are having a great week so far and if you don't... don't worry, it's FRIDAY. 

The recipe I am bringing you today it's baked sweet potatoes. It has taking me ages to find the right ingredients for it. I tried those seasoned with cinnamon and I didn't like them at all. I find sweet potatoes are sweet enough and found that cinnamon was not the spice for them. Instead I went for garlic Italian herbs from Schwartz.


If you can't find this one or one similar, I will give you some ideas of other herbs you can use instead.

Now let's go to the recipe.

BAKED SWEET POTATOES

Ingredients:
1 large sweet potato (or 2 medium)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon Garlic Italian Herbs

Method:
Preheat oven Gas Mark 6/ 200C.

Wash the potato and dry with some kitchen paper. Cut in half leaving the skin on, then quarters and after that each quarter in three pieces. If you have medium size potatoes then cut the quarters in two pieces instead of three.

Add the rest of the ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Add the potatoes to the mixture and coat them evenly. Put the pieces in a glass oven dish or an oven tray covered with grease proof paper. Cook in the oven for about 30 minutes or until soft.

I normally have half of them on my plate as a side and save the other half in the fridge so I can add them to a salad.

NOTES: if you can't find the Italian herbs, just add some garlic granules, oregano, basil or garlic granules and herbes de provence or mixed herbs.

See you soon!



Comments