BBQ CAULIFLOWER FLORETS



I hope you all had an amazing weekend. Mine has been a very lazy one. After having my children off for two weeks of Easter holidays, Saturday was like... plof! I didn't want to get out of bed. Yesterday I spent it cleaning to make sure I wouldn't have to do much today so I could concentrate on working and creating yummy recipes like this one.

I have just made it and OMG guys! I just couldn't help it, I had to share it with you!!!! That's how excited I am about this BBQ cauliflower florets. Before I embarked on this plant based vegan lifestyle, my favourite dish from a Chinese restaurant was the super sticky sweet and sour chicken but the chicken had to be the one in the batter. Well, if you tried it before and you loved it, then this will be amazing. TRUST ME! It's the same kind of texture but with BBQ sauce... to die for!

I also made it gluten free, well I don't think I have a problem with gluten but I do with wheat but anyway, the batter here is made with arrowroot starch and chickpea flour.

I made half od a small cauliflower and trust me it's enough for my daughters (2) and me, the two males of the family will not touch cauliflower. So bare in mind, this recipe could easily feed 4-6 adults. It does fill you up a lot.



BBQ CAULIFLOWER FLORETS

Ingredients:

For the battered cauliflower:
1 cauliflower head cut into florets
7 tbsp arrowroot starch
5 tbsp chickpea flour
12 tbsp cold water
salt

For the BBQ sauce:
1 bottle of your favourite BBQ sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp coconut sugar

Oil for frying
Cooked rice
sesame seeds and chopped spring onions to garnish



Method:

While we make the batter, we heat up the oil in a shallow pan or saucepan. To make the batter, whisk the flours, salt and water in a bowl and dip the florets. As we dip them in the batter, we transfer them to the oil to fry.

Once the batter looks cooked (3 minutes more or less per side) we put the florets onto a plate covered in kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil. we reserve until all the florets are cooked.

To make the bbq sauce all we need to do is mix all the ingredients in a bowl and pour it onto a frying pan which can be put under the grill or an oven dish. Put the florets over the sauce and coat them nicely. Place the pan or oven dish under the grill for about 10-15 minutes and turn the florets half way through.

Serve it over some rice and scatter sesame seeds and spring onions over it.

πΈπ“ƒπ’Ώπ‘œπ“Ž 𝒾𝓉



Comments