HOW TO MAKE A DAIRY, FLOUR AND OIL FREE BECHAMEL



I am so excited to tell you about this recipe. You can use it as a substitute to bechamel or double cream in cooking.

Few years ago I found out I had an intolerance to wheat, meat, soy, peanuts and rice and although it’s not a serious intolerance and I was advised to just eat less of those products, I took it very seriously at the beginning. As months went by and after letting my emotions control my life, I went back to eating meat, wheat and rice.

Few years later here I am with also an intolerance to dairy on top of the other stuff and with a digestive system complaining about my bad eating habits. Therefore I have decided to listen to my body after all and now Here I am looking for alternatives or substitutes to my lifetime favourite dishes.

I used to get the Oatly cream until I couldn’t find it anywhere and then I thought: “let’s try to find a way of making something that will thicken without any flour”. Because I tried making bechamel with nut milk and cornstarch and I simply don’t like it.

Do you want to know how I make my dairy, flour, oil free bechamel?

DAIRY, FLOUR AND OIL FREE BECHAMEL

Ingredients:
1 cup cashew nuts
2 cups water

Method:

Put the ingredients in a blender and blend making sure no cashew nut pieces are left. Pour the milk into a pan and heat up. The heat will thicken the sauce.

You can add seasoning, nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavour, nutmeg, curry podwer. Like I said it can be a substitute to cream in savoury dishes like Pasta Alfredo, curries, etc.

Enjoy it!
Joana x

Comments